Tuesday, November 15, 2011

................

they found my body today floating along a deep and winding river. The rapids were treacherous yet lively and placid. The river tossed me about, upstream, downstream, over waterfalls and swiftly past bright green pastures as far as the eye could see. I floated past men who submersed themselves in the rivers purifying waters, in efforts to wash off yesterdays grime. I spoke with the giant willows in a language still yet foreign to me. the river, calm, yet unpredictable, stole downstream at a pace that seemed all to fast. I opened my eyes and gazed high at the scenery scattered about, as if awareness had took precident selfishly in my float for the first time. I started to breathe heavier, i started to sigh deeper and my heart began to grow heavy. No longer did I speak with the trees and float carelesly down the river, i clamorred to my mother for this and for that, as i did, the landscape grew sparse and desolate, green pastures wilted to brown and the true into the false. As my float continued i grew distracted by cities of people and machines that carried them about. these people seemed sad, misdirected and starving for simplicity, i decided to get out of the water and talk to them to see what all the commotion was about, that was the last time i ever saw my body.

No comments:

Post a Comment